Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"Once she remembered trying to box her own ears"...


As promised, here we are after the jump, and here are the pictures and details of my trip.

It was my first Vegas wedding which ended up being so pleasant and fun, and I was very glad I was given the opportunity to participate. Everything went on without a hitch, oh, except for there were two people who got hitched...so besides that...there was a lot of glitz and glamour and really pathetic gamblers. We had a super cool chandalier thingy in our lobby.


Our hotel had a shark tank waterslide which ended up being so much cooler than I'd imagined.


Shortly after the wedding, the couple that we were riding with informed us that the Pawn shop from the History channel's reality show Pawn Stars was right down the corner. We were intrigued and we immediately parked and gave the place a gander.

The Shop

The Show



Turns out that the stars of the show were in there, shifting their time from actually selling things to people and taking pictures with fans. The TV crew was there too, and several signs told us to smile because we were on camera. The couple we were with were so excited that they ran up to one of the stars of the show and grabbed a picture.

Anyway, it was a fun adventure as the things they get in their pawn shop are pretty out of this world...like a $100,000 2001 Superbowl ring....etc.


But I liked these pretties....(I know, the purple needs to stop)



All in all, it was quite an adventurous weekend and I am glad I was invited, and needless to say, I I listened to Leaving Las Vegas by Sheryl Crow on my way out. I know it's beyond cheesy, but I don't think I've ever left Vegas WITHOUT listening to it. Give it a listen.

Kisses,
Nibby

2 comments:

  1. Haha! This looks like you had fun.

    This blog is so amazing. I love reading about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that TV series and watch it weekly. I think the next time I am in Vegas it will be a needed stop for sure. Sounds like you had fun. I LOVE VEGAS!

    ReplyDelete