Monday, January 4, 2010

Followed The White Rabbit and Here We Are

Greetings,

This is something new that I trying out. New year, new blog, New Zealand. You may be wondering why I have chosen to start a new blog. There are a number of reasons, all of which would bore you, so suffice it to say, this is the maiden voyage of a blog that I am dedicating entirely to my new goal in life: adventure. Yes, this is an adventure blog. Many people I know have told me that I should have a blog that fits a purpose or has an angle, so this, my friends, is a blog that will only detail my adventures. Not sure if that's a good angle, but it might prove amusing.

Now, lest anyone think that I am a sky-diving, chain-saw juggling, future female quarter back, I must warn you: these adventures are...well...my kinds of adventures. Yes, these adventures will typically just be things I've never done, tried, said before, etc. Yes, occasionally I may do some crazy things, but for now, I warn you--things could get downright Bob Ross around here.

So, here, at the inception of this blog (something that I am calling a blogenture), I will lay some groundwork.

Nibby = my given birth nickname. There is no background to it, no rhyme or reason, all I can say is that my father is southern and comes up with all kinds of nonsensical names for everything he holds dear.

Next, yes, I just finished reading Alice in Wonderland for the second time in my life, and upon finishing, I realized that so much of my life, ever since I graduated and moved to this big, crazy city, feels a little bit like I have chased the white rabbit way far down the hole. And trust me, the things I experience are nothing less than that of Alice's Wonderland--that includes the good, the bad, and the hairy.

Lastly, I would like to take this time to extend to my readers (friends) this invitation: please feel free (more than free) to write out some adventures that you feel you have been upon or will be taking in the future. I want this blog to serve as a base camp, as it were, for all of us to share our exploits, deeds, excitements, dangers, braverisms and all sorts of fun.

Please involve yourself, as this will make this blog all the more worthwhile.

Yours in Earnest,
Nibby

1 comment:

  1. Please find a way to meet Tiffany Pollard and report back.

    ReplyDelete