Wednesday, January 6, 2010

`Curiouser and curiouser!' cried Alice

I went on a very unwilling adventure last night, but did some new and potentially exciting things along the way. I felt like it deserved a spot here on the blogenture, as I have not yet tried Cod Liver Oil or met any VH1 reality TV stars.

For some reason, my body wanted to go on an adventure yesterday that I definitely didn't want to join. For no reason whatsoever, I began to gag and dry heave at work yesterday, shortly after I took a sip of my water. The water had been there all morning with me, I had taken sips before with no problems, and suddenly I was heaving and asking for my mommy.

But, it was short lived and I moved on.

Then, I decided to hit the hay super early last night - which is an adventure in and of itself these days; 2am has been the norm. But I had hardly been asleep for 15 minutes when I woke with the overwhelming feeling that my food wanted to come out through the same place it came in. So I ran to the bathroom and just gagged and heaved. I couldn't miss work, so I knew I needed something fast.



Thus, new adventurer that I am, I decided that for the first time in my life, I was not going to let the nausea beat me, and I quickly got on my computer (gagging all the way) to look up anti-vomit tips. And a few were quite useful.



The first adventure was to get in a steaming hot shower, with focus on my stomach, and let the heat draw the yuckies down into my tummy, and calm them there. It worked beautifully...for about 20 minutes.

The next remedy was peppermint tea. I had some on hand so I took some of it. It worked quite well.


The very last instruction was to literally sit or lay still and breath deeply in through my nose and out through my mouth. I did that for about 25 minutes, and after that the nausea was but a slight headache, and I fell asleep.

Let me just say that I highly recommend all of those methods to my readers when you are next adventuring down the nausea isles.

Happy Travels,
Nibby

No comments:

Post a Comment