Monday, January 11, 2010

Oh, Mr. Rabbit?

Went to my first Vegas Wedding this weekend. So, that deserves a place on my firsts list (conveniently located on my sidebar for your enjoyment). It was a lot fun. However, we went on a few adventures within adventures in Vegas, and its true what they say, things stay there: I murdered several people and their bodies have not been found....yet.

I will post photos of it after the jump.

Now, in the tradition of many of my friends , but mostly Coryn, I will list a few of my goals for the New Year --ADVENTURE GOALS!

1. Go Abroad
2. Go to the Getty Museum
3. Go to San Francisco
4. Tour the Huntington Gardens
5. HAVE CORYN COME VISIT (and party like Pop Stars...they seem to get into more trouble).
6. Take an impromptu last minute trip to somewhere exciting.
7. Take an impromptu last minute trip to somewhere un-exciting
8. Finally visit Oregon and Washington State
9. Start a dinner group (once a week)
10. Watch two movies a week (my film watching has been cut ridiculously down lately, not ok!)
11. Write reviews on said movies
12. Learn to play Texas Hold'em (For fun & so I'm not confused in Paul Newman movies anymore)
13. Get a leg up on my dream job
14. Finish, polish, revise and complete a feature film script (AGAIN).
15. Learn to play Hearts like a champion, and then school some people...they know who they are.
16. Seriously start writing that novel that has been eluding me for years.
17. Read The Catcher in the Rye (never done it, need to)
19. Premiere my film short film, Lest We Forget.
20. Send Lest We Forget to some festivals
21. Learn to be REALLY, and I mean REALLY good at Rock Band. Mind blowingly good.

These are just a few.

Ciao,
Nibby

PS) Still no Cod Liver Oil yet. It's been busy. I'll let you know as soon as I've tried it though. Also, no reality TV stars yet...what's WRONG with me?

7 comments:

  1. courtney! i finished 6 out of 21 of your new years adventure goals last year!

    oddly enough, one of them was to premiere MY short film "lest we forget". noooo, but what if??!!

    anyways, glad to see you're blogging! i was convinced that bloggers only consisted of proud young married couples flooding the internet with pictures of their newborns.. i'm glad i'm not the only exception!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i would like to know why visiting your favorite and most awesome cousin morgan isn't on your list?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Courtney, Courtney, Courtney.
    Sometimes I think we are star-crossed soul mates (and when I say that I mean "mates" in the way Australians use it). The fact that you mentioned Oregon and Paul Newman in your goals is part of what makes me think this.

    You should visit Oregon when I'm in Oregon and I can show you all the cool places. Like...Where they filmed Twilight! oooooo.

    Also, I SO want to see Lest We Forget When it's done!!! Because I was one fourth of your Production Designer on that baby, lest we forget...

    Also also, when I do a 419, will you write it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're always down for dinner and we've wanted to go to the Getty since we moved here.

    Also, movies are good, let's go see some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. re: #8: Yes times one thousand! Preferably in conjunction with #21.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Will, my Lest We Forget was actually just a remake of yours. Sorry I didn't tell you sooner. And which 6??

    Morgan, I can tell you right now that a visit WILL BE in order. Especially if there is a San Francisco trip.

    Lauren, I too have felt that we are soul mates for quite some time. I'm glad we have both acknowledged it now. And yes, I would love a guided tour--ESPECIALLY of the Twilight locations (why else does someone go to the Northwest? Much less live there), But ONLY if there are a lot of shirtless wearwolves. If not, whats so great bout the Northwest? Also, I would love to write your 419. Give me a genre, give me a page limit and give me your dreams. I will make them come true. :)

    Eric, yes, yes and yes to all of the above. It's been too long. I need to see my favorite Andersons again. Wes Anderson and his family are always busy.


    Heather, I can't tell you how happy it makes me to know that you live in #8 and are as excited as I am about #21. For realz.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an awesome list! I seriously can't wait for #5!!!!!

    #17: It's actually a good book. I read it this summer.

    You're an inspiration. I love this list!

    ReplyDelete