Monday, January 4, 2010

"Down, down, down. There was nothing else to do..."

My friend Krissy asked me what kind of adventures I was looking for on this blog. Well, I'm glad she asked. The answer? It's anything and everything. Of course, for me, going to the Post Office to figure out how to ship strange shaped items is an adventure. But the only thing that will make it adventurous to someone else will have to be the flourishes with which I give the tales.

And before I get ahead of myself, here is a recently past adventure that I simply could not omit from this blogenture.

About a week ago, I partook in three different games with my boytoygoogilybearhoneybunchesofoats. All three games I had never before played. Although the game of Hearts was quite the adventure, I will have to dwell on the adventure that was this:



It might come as a shock to some of you, but I had never before played the game of Shuffleboard. And to some of you, this might seem like no biggie. But I wanted BLOOD! I was in that game to win that game. It took more strategy, balance and trash-talking than most games I have played, and that's saying something. My mushgushycuppycake and I played against a few other competitors that brought the ugly out of me a few times, especially as I found myself snarling, "Destroy them!" like a straight up Tolkien Orc. But overall, I left the game feeling like I had just accomplished something on my life list, and to me, that deserves a place on this blogenture.

Does anyone else have a similar experience with said game, or a game like unto it? Please share and let other readers either get a kick out of it, or feel inspired by it.

Next on my adventure agenda? Taking lemon flavored cod liver oil. However, my friend Tyson would also like me to split my focus and try to meet VH1 Flavor of Love's, Tiffany Pollard. I will keep you apprised of the results.

See you through the looking glass,
Nibby

4 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I'm runner up. Hello! You won at life a LONG time ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found in my best interest that I don't play games anymore. Too much blood has been spilt and feelings thrown out the window. Maybe in a couple years I will try again and start with solitaire or something. I miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, I believe that so thoroughly about you Gentree. :) And when you return to the world of games, I hope I am there to participate in the blood bath.

    ReplyDelete